Very nervous...be gentle

AMModels

Featured Posts

Website update has finally happened, all pages rewritten and some new pages as well. Hopefully it is easily navigated but any problems let me know and I will do my best to rectify them. If you use this address www.ammodels.co.nr as I have altered the hosting so the old links may not work.

I hope someone will find it useful.

:rolleyes:

Hi Andy

Just skimmed it but you don't mention Taplow in the WW page.

Taplow was rebuilt and motorised in the 50s and iven a full-length cabin conversion, by WW, to be used as a floating conference/exhibition centre (early corporate entertainment).

The company who commissioned the work subsequently sold the boat back to WW and she was renamed Willow Wren, until I acquired her and gave her the original name back.

Cheers carl I have rectified that now, along with a few details of other boats at the bottom of the page.

Thanks Warrior Woman for the kind words and for allowing me to use the pics, you keep taking em and hopefully I will use them.

Edited by AMModels

Why should you be nervous?

Your site is fast becoming the wikipedia of working narrow boats.

Congrats on all your hard work. The more feedback you get the better the site will be of course and I'll send you some bits and pieces over the next few weeks as time allows. In the meantime please feel to grab what you need from

http://nationalhistoricships.org.uk/index....essel/vref/2095

to bring details of my boat up to date.

Paul H

Looking closer:

Elements

Umbriel is breasted up with little Ricky Ariel, at Wolfhampcote winding hole. A bit delicate around the counter but the owner has the mother of all lumps of oak, sat on the bank, waiting to be carved into a new counter block.

Guccc.

Ethiopia was sold to Barlows and renamed Warwick, not Elwell.

There's a thread about her demise somewhere on here.

Ariel, as above, at Wolfhampcote with Umbriel, though I think the owner pulled the name out of a hat. The boat he's got is a 5 planker which was dragged out of the flashes by Ian Riley.

I have my doubts that Adelaide is actually the Royalty class and her owner won't let me measure her. A previous owner told me she was called Peggy for many years and Strawberry-Adelaide after that.

Edited by carlt

Andy

Great Site :rolleyes:

A veritable mine of useful information or for just browsing through.

It gets a bit confusing on the thread though....

WW?

Willow Wren or Warrior Woman?

Or are they one and the same :smiley_offtopic:

Gertrude has been broken up (thread on here, somewhere)

Hardy is at the Pink Floyd "bridge" at Wolfhampcote. Hull is pretty much restored. If no hope remains for Usk then Hardy will get her day and main tanks and the AS3.

Odd that the owner wont let you measure her, Id have thought they would welcome the chance to get a record of her.

Yeah its good about starcross and she has an enthusiastic owner as well judging by the email I had from them

Odd that the owner wont let you measure her, Id have thought they would welcome the chance to get a record of her.

I think she has a sneaky suspicion the boat's a Town Class and she doesn't want me to destroy the "uniqueness" of having the last wooden Royalty.

As if!!

:D

Andy

Great Site :rolleyes:

A veritable mine of useful information or for just browsing through.

It gets a bit confusing on the thread though....

WW?

Willow Wren or Warrior Woman?

Or are they one and the same :smiley_offtopic:

Sorry Steve I have edited my earlier post to clarify

• 4 weeks later...