River Severn

frahkn

Featured Posts

I plan to go from Stourport to Worcester as part of a trip in a couple of weeks.

I tried th EA site but to no avail. Can I buy a temporary licence at Stourport or do I need to apply in advance?

What is the approximate cost?

Thanks.

I plan to go from Stourport to Worcester as part of a trip in a couple of weeks.

I tried th EA site but to no avail. Can I buy a temporary licence at Stourport or do I need to apply in advance?

Thanks.

River Severn is BW will be covered by your Hire Company . EA Licence required If you travel

off the Severn onto the Avon .

Edited by Jim Lae

River Severn is BW will be covered by your Hire Company . EA Licence required If you travel

Thanks Jim - no wonder I couldn't find it on the EA site.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the Avon is not EA.

You need a LANT licence for the Tewkesbury-Evesham section and a UANT licence for the Evesham-Stratford section. Short term licence to cover both sections is available from the lockie at Tewkesbury lock, cost £44.

Paul

How long is a short term licence for the Avon? It's a river I would love to explore when the weather improves!!

£44 for 15 days lovely river all sorts of weird and different shaped locks that all open easily

We went onto the Lower Avon (L.A.N.T.) at Stratford on Avon where you can buy a licence (not sure where) but we bought ours at Evesham Lock for both the Lower and Upper Avon River navigations.

£44 for 15 days lovely river all sorts of weird and different shaped locks that all open easily

Thanks for that. I was hoping it would be for slightly longer, so we could make a 2 or 3 of trips to the boat whilst on the Avon. I rarely get that many free days at one time...

Thanks for that. I was hoping it would be for slightly longer, so we could make a 2 or 3 of trips to the boat whilst on the Avon. I rarely get that many free days at one time...

I'd talk to their registration office:-

http://www.shakespearesavon.co.uk/contact.htm

I've always found them very helpful.

I'm based on the Avon, so I'm biased, but it's well worth a visit!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Going out for a couple of weeks starting from the Bank Holiday w/end. Going down to Tewkesbury (and doing the Avon Ring) is one consideration - just hoping for sunny weather.

The License on that page seems to imply sending everything off! I'm hoping you can do the same as when I went down the Thames and buy at a lock on the day.

Been down the upper part of Severn a few years ago, so would be nice to do the rest and the Avon too.

Going out for a couple of weeks starting from the Bank Holiday w/end. Going down to Tewkesbury (and doing the Avon Ring) is one consideration - just hoping for sunny weather.

The License on that page seems to imply sending everything off! I'm hoping you can do the same as when I went down the Thames and buy at a lock on the day.

Been down the upper part of Severn a few years ago, so would be nice to do the rest and the Avon too.

You can buy a short term licence for the Lower and Upper Avon at Tewkesbury lock for £44.00, so you don't need to apply in advance.

Have a good trip!

Paul

Thanks.

BW are the Navigation Authority so a can cruising licenbce covers you.

Note BW are JUST a Navigation Authority (and Custodians of our Waterways) you otherwise

You can buy a short term licence for the Lower and Upper Avon at Tewkesbury lock for £44.00, so you don't need to apply in advance.

Have a good trip!

Paul

Great to know. Hope the rain isn't too bad.

Is there a preference to which direction? I'm thinking of going down the Severn (i.e. anticlockwise)

• 3 weeks later...