Amphibious bus

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

Spotted this last time i was in London. I really want a go!

http://www.londonducktours.co.uk/gallery.htm

I've been reading about them in the trade press. Apparently they have great difficulty in meeting the regulations for buses (which is, legally, what they are when they are on land) and for passenger-carrying boats, which is how they are classified when they are afloat.

They are exempt from the congestion charge but are subject to penalties for illegal parking although the traffic wardens can't usually reach the windscreen, which is the only place they can legally leave the parking ticket!

Jim

Edited for typos

Edited by Jim

I've been reading about them in the trade press. Apparently they have great difficulty in meeting the regulations for buses (which is, legally, what they are when they are on land) and for passenger-carrying boats, which is how they are classified when they are afloat.

They are exempt from the congestion charge but are subject to penalties for illegal parking although the traffic wardens can't usually reach the windscreen, which is the only place they can legally leave the parking ticket!

Jim

Edited for typos

ah i better get back to London soon and go give it ago before the powers that be stop them.

Spotted this last time i was in London. I really want a go!

http://www.londonducktours.co.uk/gallery.htm

better off just watching the DUKW's, theyve already had 1 accident on the thames (no injuries thank goodness) in similar circs to The Marchioness, and also in the US where 1 sank.

Apparantly the rubber bushes sealing the prop shaft and drive shafts are no longer available and the ones currently in use are as expected over 40 yrs old as are the current replacements

I just thought people might like to see this picture that I took, of a marvellous bus. Fully self-propelled on land or in water. I can think of a few places where it could be very useful!

Another one:

95025436.jpg

Tim