Webasto

Brummage

Featured Posts

Sorry if it's been asked before. I have done a search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

All I really would like to know is whether it is okay to leave the Webasto running throughout the night. It heats three rads on our boat and is our only form of heating (we don't have a wood/coal burner), and whilst I am pretty hardy, the missus does tend to feel the cold a bit more.

Thanks

Webasto's only restriction on continuous running (as per their instruction manual) is that you must switch it off for a few hours every 24 hours to allow it to cool down and then heat up again through its full cycle (viz: full load, half load, idle). So night time running is fine providing some time during the next day you switch it off for a while.

Chris

Webasto's only restriction on continuous running (as per their instruction manual) is that you must switch it off for a few hours every 24 hours to allow it to cool down and then heat up again through its full cycle (viz: full load, half load, idle). So night time running is fine providing some time during the next day you switch it off for a while.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

If you are on a mooring with elecy then you may find an underblanket a better idea than run the webasto through the night.

The problem we find is you don't want to get out of bed the next day as you are cosy. We turn the webasto on 30 min before getting out of bed!