window latches

Featured Posts

Thanks for that.

They are held in place with two screws on the window frame and swivel down. If that is any more help?? They are on a very old boat.

Thanks again

JS

If they are the drop-down hopper lights (as in Chris's first example) you can make a reasonable alternative by slipping a small screwdriver into the gap between the hopper and the frame at one end.

We have a few 'temporary' ones like that, they don't do a perfect job and in windy conditions they work loose, but do an OK job most of the time.

If they are the drop-down hopper lights (as in Chris's first example) you can make a reasonable alternative by slipping a small screwdriver into the gap between the hopper and the frame at one end.

We have a few 'temporary' ones like that, they don't do a perfect job and in windy conditions they work loose, but do an OK job most of the time.

A V-shaped piece of cork might do a better job than a screwdriver in terms of no rattling and not working loose.

Chris

A V-shaped piece of cork might do a better job than a screwdriver in terms of no rattling and not working loose.

Chris

and a clothes peg is even easier! When squeezed open they are just about the same angle as a hopper window. I made several rubber faced wedges before finding out that clothes pegs work too.

Richard

Thanks for that.

They are held in place with two screws on the window frame and swivel down. If that is any more help?? They are on a very old boat.

Thanks again

JS

I think you are describing the catch on'bus type windows'. mine are half sliding, sound familiar?

I can't help, as i have a few broken ones, but i have seen them on fairly new portacabin office units recently.

simon.

If your windows have a top pane which is hopper like it is easy to make a set of wooden wedges which don't rattle. If however they are bus type sliding window things are more difficult. Try looking at the Woodfit catalogue, or Hafele http://www.hafele.com/uk/ they are one of the major suppliers for all sorts of wonderfull furniture/fitout bits and pieces. Another possibility is RS Components.

• 13 years later...