Samsung Galaxy tablet

LadyG

Featured Posts

Samsung do they're own repairs and they will come to you. I had a phone repaired a few months ago after I dropped and it broke the screen. Came to me where I was working that day, the little guy sat in the back of his van, stripped and re built the phone in just over an hour... IIRC it was a little over £100

Edit: but yours should be under warranty if its not deemed damage...

Edited by Quattrodave

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Some cheap charging cables only have the power cables but not the data cables inside them.  can you connect anything else to the computer using those two cables?

The house wifi router might be blocking the connection if the wifi works via hotspot.  Or the house router might be set to only use a type of wifi the reader doesn't support.

The Kobo connrcted to the house wifi fine until this week. Now it wants the password, but ignores it and won't connect. Apparently Kobo use a very cheap and nasty wifi chip, and it's all based on a very old android version.

It says it wants a WPA/WPA2 password - I assume this is the one everything else (eg Sky box) uses to connect? I changed a router setting from WPA2 to WPA/WPA2 and now it works. The connection is better on the tablet too. If someone out there can tell me why I'd be grateful!

I was an early adopter of all things computerised, internetty and then webby, but have now been well left behind.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

WPA is an older, less secure, method of encryption so enabling WPA/WPA2 reduces the encryption level and would allow an older device that does not support WPA2 encryption but makes your WiFi easier to hack.

17 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

WPA is an older, less secure, method of encryption so enabling WPA/WPA2 reduces the encryption level and would allow an older device that does not support WPA2 encryption but makes your WiFi easier to hack.

Thanks, I thought it must be something like that. I remember the days I used, when boating with no internet on the tub, to just sit on a wall outside someone's house and pick up my email...