Internet / WiFi

Martyn Hicks

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, dmr said:

and forgot to say, the Wagon and Horses appears to be the local Sunday venue but its not my cup of tea (oe even pint of beer), did you try it?

yes I liked the Wagon and Horses,

on/by the traffic lights?

cant remember if they had wifi 

£2.75 on a Tuesday here down south in the midlands

15 hours ago, dmr said:

There aresome very obvious patterns to all this. Up here Sunday late morning and afternoon are bad. Our cell is mostly residential rather than work so I wonder if everybody watches films on Sunday afternoon? or maybe its all the eBay bots 😀??. Very late at night is a good time to get really good speeds

I don't know what the capacity of a typical cell is, it would be interesting to know how many people doing huge downloads are needed to slow things down.

It's not huge downloads that consume most of the data bandwidth nowadays, it's video streaming -- either to apps on phones/tablets (cat videos, YouTube, Instagram...), or PCs/laptops/TVs for those using mobile internet instead of broadcast TV.

At Blackthorn Lake Marina Three 4g  is fine during the day when all the residents are at work however it drops to almost nothing in the evening when they return as they all seem to stream TV 🤔

A classic example off cell overload.

4 minutes ago, GUMPY said:

At Blackthorn Lake Marina Three 4g  is fine during the day when all the residents are at work however it drops to almost nothing in the evening when they return as they all seem to stream TV 🤔

A classic example off cell overload.

Says something about the age profile of the residents then -- with the yoof it would all be Instagram and TikTok and the like... 😉