Canal/River Events & Festivals Map

David Floyd

Featured Posts

I have started a new map of canal festivals and events, it is a work in progress so far I have 22 in the database, each event has a location and is timed to disappear from the map once the event is over.

As yet I have not included events that are Cruising between locations, I am still working on how to represent these on the map.

So what I am looking for is any events you think I should include, they can be annual or one off’s. It would be great if they have a supporting web page or group.

See https://floydtilla.co.uk/uk-canal-festivals-map/

Thanks

D

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Fairport's Cropredy Convention, Cropredy, South Oxford canal.

New Forest Folk Festival.  Romsey.

Thanks, added Fairport, but not sure about New Forest event, seems a little bit away from the canals and Rivers 🙂

Ta

D

• Happy 1

On 26/01/2024 at 08:20, David Floyd said:

Hi Tim

How did you find this? it is on my list to add but I could not find a confirmed date for 2024?

Dave

Its always the first Sunday in September

56 minutes ago, StephenA said:

Are you going to make any of this data available as a download  so other people / applications can use it?

Not my current plan, it is still a work in progress, and is being updated all the time. 

I have been asked a few times now, most seem to want to put it in an app to sell, at the moment it is free to use.

D

On 23/01/2024 at 10:15, David Floyd said:

I have started a new map of canal festivals and events, it is a work in progress so far I have 22 in the database, each event has a location and is timed to disappear from the map once the event is over.

As yet I have not included events that are Cruising between locations, I am still working on how to represent these on the map.

So what I am looking for is any events you think I should include, they can be annual or one off’s. It would be great if they have a supporting web page or group.

See https://floydtilla.co.uk/uk-canal-festivals-map/

Thanks

D

There is an event at Bratch Locks 31st August/ 1st September

On 07/02/2024 at 08:51, Tim Lewis said:

There is an event at Bratch Locks 31st August/ 1st September

Is there a supporting web page / Facebook page I can reference, need a bit more info?

Thanks

D