toby valve question, old style

hori

Featured Posts

Old style toby valve on my refleks stove, I can`t seem to get hardly and diesel to flow out of the toby valve and when I did the flame was so small and about as much heat as a birthday candle. The filter is all clean and the inside of regulator. The metering stem was all clear. Is it possible to put the metering stem in wrong? like the position of top or the spring to go on wrong. I remember years ago when I had one apart the metering stem stayed pushed down but this time I had to keep it pushed down with my fingers to get the float assembly in place?

thanks for the replies, after watching the video Mike Tee recommended, I doubled checked everything and lit the stove and still had the very small flame. I then started to adjust the low fire until the flame started to fill the bottom of the burner pot and noticed that with the increase in fuel the flame also had some blue to it. The flame seems to be burning the best it ever has.

• Greenie 1