Heavy lifting onboard

Sir Percy

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Jerra said:

The idea of cold houses IMO ranks alongside the gongoozlers who think boats are cold and damp in winter.

Quite so. I'm currently sweltering in my hovel having turned the heating on from my van an hour before getting home, then lit the (8kW) stove around 7pm and now I think I might take my coat orf...

On 30/11/2023 at 11:23, wakey_wake said:

Seems like it could be more inconvenient if if the opening side is not where you want it - either to the towpath or the fuel boat.

Others have said that, and I guess it might if you only have one bottle or use a bottle a week, but I carry 2 x 13kg bottles which only feed the cooker. So, whilst running on the newly connected full one, I simply replace the freshly empty bottle at a convenient port side opportunity. Never even come close to being a supply issue - nor one for my back, knees or paintwork! The gunwale height side gas locker is probably the thing I'd miss the most if I changed boats. :)

• Greenie 1