HD Narrowboats

haggis

Featured Posts

A canal society I am a member of needs a new trip boat and rather than looking at second hand day hire boats in England they are looking at having a boat built. One of the team has been in touch with HD Narrowboats who have given a start date of next April. I have never heard of this company (which in itself means nothing) and I would be interested in hearing the views of anyone who knows them.

According to Companies House, HD Narrowboats Ltd was established in March 2022 and has one director, Howard Edward Day. Mr Day was previously one of 2 directors of Victory Narrowboats Ltd which was dissolved in April this year. Make of that what you will.

But if you are going to commission a new build from them it would be worth ensuring that payments are staged and paid in arrears of work being done, and that the contract makes clear that the part complete boat is the property of the society.

• Greenie 2