Gas water heater installation

Geoff Walton

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Didn't Dometic/Electrolux at one time sell a flue kit to convert their three way (lpg/12V/240V) fridge into a room sealed appliance?

I think it was a whole fridge and flue. They certainly knew how to charge for it.

16 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Since we've determined there's no benefit to installing a non-room sealed instant gas water heater inside a cupboard and indeed there may be some disadvantages in doing so, that should be good news for the OP who can now do a much simpler installation. 

But  that is not what he wants to hear or seems to want to do, but yes, he has the info if he wants to act on it.

2 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

But  that is not what he wants to hear or seems to want to do, but yes, he has the info if he wants to act on it.

How odd. Why would someone want to make a job more difficult than it needs to be?

Perhaps the whole exercise of boxing the heater in is actually due to aesthetics more than making it room sealed. It's still a bad idea though.

Just now, blackrose said:

How odd. Why would someone want to make a job more difficult than it needs to be?

Perhaps the whole exercise of boxing the heater in is actually due to aesthetics more than making it room sealed. It's still a bad idea though.

I get the impression that he is petrified of CO from it killing him.

As long as he ensures the clearances are OK and as per any instructions, I think he could put it in a bottomless cupboard to hide it.

5 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I get the impression that he is petrified of CO from it killing him.

As I said previously, one has to be careful that in doing any non-standard installation, one is not actually making matters worse.

My non-room sealed instant gas water heater is used all summer for liveaboard use (in winter I use the Webasto) and it's never once set off any of my 3x CO alarms.