HONDA BD-15D OUTBOARD - HELP NEEDED WITH COOLANT BLOCKAGE

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

No, simply pushed the strimmer cord into the tell tale untill I felt resistance, and pulled back and forth a few times.

I did have to do this twice, as it didn't work the first time.

Apologies, I was thinking you meant clearing the 'critters' from the water intake rather than the tell tale.

How do 'critters' get into the tell tale ?

Do it with the engine running so the water has a chance to push out any debris which may be inside the telltale. 

Strimmer cord is a good idea. I've never had a strimmer but its the right thing. 

24 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Do it with the engine running so the water has a chance to push out any debris which may be inside the telltale. 

Strimmer cord is a good idea. I've never had a strimmer but its the right thing. 

Will do, many thanks.

21 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I would suggest that you hold one end in a match flame for a second, so it melts and forms a rounded end, rather than one with sharp edges.

Will do, many thanks. I'm hoping this is an easy fix.

Edited by stevevp

Just to say very many thanks for all the advice received through this site.

I tried the strimmer cord (having rounded the end off first) and can report it cleared the blockage and I was able to enjoy my first run out of the year. A good £3.50 fix!

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, stevevp said:

Just to say very many thanks for all the advice received through this site.

I tried the strimmer cord (having rounded the end off first) and can report it cleared the blockage and I was able to enjoy my first run out of the year. A good £3.50 fix!

Thanks for reporting back - so it was a simple blockage.

1 hour ago, stevevp said:

Thanks for reporting back - you'd be amazed how many people don't...