Greyhound Inn Sutton Stop

Ray T

Featured Posts

So I tried the Directors in The Boathouse. Difficult to say with any certainty if it was as good as 40 years ago!

I enjoyed it anyway, enough to want to have some more when we go back in this evening for the Thursday 30% off mixed grill. We're overstaying the "Summer" limit of 4 hours to do so but there's still space behind us so I don't feel too guilty. Given there's no mention of Spring or Autumn on the notice I'm assuming the "Winter" limit of 24 hours applies to everything that isn't "Summer".

Anyway, the other beers were Hobgoblin IPA (not Ruby), Pedigree and Wainwright. I like the Wainwright but then again I do seem to have developed a taste for golden ales (or grapefruit?) in my old age.  My current supermarket favourite is Hobgoblin Gold.

I think my all time favourite real ale is Adnams but perhaps that's bias due to coming from East Anglia. Never seems as good further south though, and seems at its best when actually in a Southwold pub, possibly psychological. Not that I've been there for some years sadly. 

Here's the proof that Directors is still available.

Back on topic... it's several years since we were in the Greyhound. Ray was there that day as well. Must be time we headed up that way again soon, maybe next Spring. Just have to hope it's still as good under new management. Perhaps Ray will let us know.

IMG_20230914_145742432.jpg

Edited by Lily Rose

21 hours ago, Goliath said:

dilligaf

(seen at least 3 boats this past month called dilligaf, might quote it more often)

Don’t.

I know it takes all sorts but I do wonder if people consider the message they send to others when they adopt this name.

There’s a boat out there that isn’t called ‘Dilligaf’ but instead has it sign written as a slogan around the counter bands. Makes me wonder why they don’t go the whole hog and have ‘Idiot’ tattooed across their forehead?

Maybe other folk interpret the saying differently from me?