Whale Quick Connect

Featured Posts

Hi! I'm getting a new water pump from Whale, which apparently uses 15mm "Whale Quick Connect" fittings. Has anyone got a pump that uses this to tell me if I'm going to be able to connect standard 15mm barrier pipe (with inserts!) that works with all the other push fit connection systems (JG Speedfit etc) or am I going to have to buy some Whale pipe and faff about with BSP connectors to connect it to my system? 

https://www.whalepumps.com/Marine/product.aspx?Category_ID=&Product_ID=10324&FriendlyID=Whale-Accumulator-Pump-and-2ltr-Tank-Kit

Looking at the installation instructions, it doesn't say whether the quick connect connectors are attached to the pump / accumulator by threaded connections or what size those threads are. So even if I did want to use a flexible hose (for example with a 3/4" BSP thread) I would presumably have to use a short section of their proprietary pipe and a Quick Connect to BSP adapter? 

When I fitted a Whale pump last year to replace a Jabsco I had no problems connecting to existing pipework other than the pump was slightly larger so had to shorten the pipe a little.