Sr 2 leak off pipe

kris88

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, kris88 said:

I’m just wondering where the best place to get a fuel return pipe for an sr2 is?

A good first port of call for Liser engines in narrow boats is Sue at Marine Engine Services (Midlands)

Even if she doesn't have a part from stock she can often acquire one for you.

Contact details in this page.

8 minutes ago, kris88 said:

I’m just wondering where the best place to get a fuel return pipe for an sr2 is?

I think that you might need to know if it is a normal one or one equipped for self bleeding. Take a rocker cover off and look to see if the leak off pipe has a vertical pipe hanging down from it. If it has it is self bleeding.

I think the self bleeding ones were mostly used in stationary engines? My SR2 is the normal one without the vertical pipe - MES sent the wrong one first time which baffled me for a bit.

The other thing I found is that as supplied they don't fit, once in you have to bend them to get the rocker covers back on, while ensuring they don't come into contact with the moving parts.

Edited by Arthur Marshall