WiFi Temperature logger/switch

GUMPY

Featured Posts

I'm after a temperature logger such as the Govee

https://uk.govee.com/products/wi-fi-temperature-humidity-sensor

Which will allow me to record temperatures on board over winter.

However I need a second facility and that is that in needs to be able to switch on 1500W of heaters when the temp drops below 4degC.

I can find a separate item to do this   such as

https://sonoff.tech/product/diy-smart-switches/th10-th16/

But would like one item to do the job.

At present I have analogue Temp sensor and switch but I cant monitor it remotely :(

I just get a txt message if the temperature drops  below 2degC

4 minutes ago, Thames Bhaji said:

Have you looked at a Victron GX device (such as cerbo)?  It’s probably overkill if this is all you need to do, but I love mine for everything it gives me. 

Over Kill and over price for me.

The Sonof will give me temperatures but wont log them which the Govee does.

I've got a couple of 13a sockets that monitor temp and turn on/off at pre determined settings. These have 60 watt greenhouse tubular heaters plugged into them. Set to come on at 3 degrees C and go off when the temperature rises to 5 C they seem to work according to a couple of temperature data loggers I've got set up. The whole set up cost under £50 excluding the heaters and is pretty KISS.   

I did have an Alexa set up on board to turn heaters on and off on command but the wifi connection in my marina sometimes drops out so it was all a little 'fragile'

Edited by Slim
additional info

9 hours ago, Slim said:

I've got a couple of 13a sockets that monitor temp and turn on/off at pre determined settings. These have 60 watt greenhouse tubular heaters plugged into them. Set to come on at 3 degrees C and go off when the temperature rises to 5 C they seem to work according to a couple of temperature data loggers I've got set up. The whole set up cost under £50 excluding the heaters and is pretty KISS.   

This is what I have at the moment with 750w? radiators.

It seems to work but I can't monitor it apart from if it fails and temp drops low.

I would need to provide my own WiFi, that exists at present but it's not active when I'm not there. 

18 minutes ago, magnetman said:

How about one with a sim card in it? 

Something like this but I don't think it does data logging. 

4G LTE thermostat with SMS notifications.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004127441161.html

Looks a good unit but would require another external antenna on the boat so wont work for me.