Webasto heating timer

kingbillymatt

Featured Posts

Hi folks - the boat I’ve bought has Webasto central heating, I’m guessing it’s as old as the boat 12 years old or so.

I’ve attached a picture of the current timer - which as many of you will know is as basic as it gets and doesn’t allow for 7 day setting, I  just wondered if this can be upgraded to a more user friendly one?

Thanks in advance,

matt  

E5D62C16-587B-404E-B5C1-09C0981F7632.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

Older Webasto's use a very simple system for the controller/timer. A 12V+ power wire, a 0V wire and an on/off signal wire that goes between 0 and 12V to turn the heater on and off. Any timer, or thermostat that can provide this will do what you want. There is at least one new heater (thermo top evo), that uses a bus based comms that is more complicated, for which you have to use a Webasto controller, or emulate the comms protocol, but a 12 year old one won't have this.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

Cheers guys - appreciate your help! 
And thanks for the welcome :)

I emailed Webasto and they’ve said the Smartemp 2.0 will work with my system (Thermo Top C) but apparently the 3.0 won’t work! 
Seems they only sell these in America though and they’re pricey so will probably look into something else! 

7 minutes ago, kingbillymatt said:

I emailed Webasto and they’ve said the Smartemp 2.0 will work with my system (Thermo Top C) but apparently the 3.0 won’t work! 
Seems they only sell these in America though and they’re pricey so will probably look into something else! 

Surely the Heatmiser that @robtheplodreferred to will work.

I have an older version of the Heatmiser on my Thermotop C and had no problems.

Edited by Tonka
Wrong person

Cheers again fellas - will get on the net when I get home 😊👍🏻

As an update - I received the timer/thermostat and had it fitted in literally 2 mins. Came with a wiring harness and diagram and was literally plug and play! For anyone else with the old style display - can’t recommend this upgrade highly enough, best £120 I’ve spend whilst living on the boat! 
Thanks for the advice and recommend guys! 

1602AB37-831E-45C5-974B-C53CC7F0A716.jpeg