Dorman in the skip.

noddyboater

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Billabong said:

Do you know if this Dorman 4dsm came out of a Gary Gorton tug  Named Wotan ?

I know the boat Wotan, black tug style. It was owned by someone here many years ago and sold to someone on the Bow back waters. It had a Dorman 4dsm engine.

There was Norman the Doorman at a local pub.......he used act as go between for the hard men in the private bar and the punters who couldnt make their payments........he disappeared without trace............possibly ended up in a skip.

• Horror 1

19 hours ago, bizzard said:

I know the boat Wotan, black tug style. It was owned by someone here many years ago and sold to someone on the Bow back waters. It had a Dorman 4dsm engine.

I bought that boat in 1989 as a shell with an engine (Dorman Ricardo 4dsm ) was previously named Horace, the boatman’s cabin was built by Jim Forster at kegworth a very talented man,  I did the fit out and cruised most of the available midland network, great boat I did lots of work on the engine which dated from 1948 and came from a Royal Navy cutter the engine was originally painted navy blue but I decided that Brunswick green would be more in keeping with its use in a narrow boat, very sad to see my lovely engine in a skip.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Billabong said:

I bought that boat in 1989 as a shell with an engine (Dorman Ricardo 4dsm ) was previously named Horace, the boatman’s cabin was built by Jim Forster at kegworth a very talented man,  I did the fit out and cruised most of the available midland network, great boat I did lots of work on the engine which dated from 1948 and came from a Royal Navy cutter the engine was originally painted navy blue but I decided that Brunswick green would be more in keeping with its use in a narrow boat, very sad to see my lovely engine in a skip.

It was a chap called Nick Gosnall who probably bought it from you and sold it to someone on the Bow back waters

• 5 months later...