Lister petter lpw3 calorifier fit

Adam86

Featured Posts

Hi there, I have an LPW3 I want to connect to my calorifier and I’m not sure which connections around the thermostat are the right ones to use. I have included some photos , the first is from above the hose assembly where the temp sender is located, the second is of 2 plugs located under the hose assembly and the last is of the hose assembly itself. 
thanks. 

24ADD465-F57E-4A84-AA6C-E12EC08C271E.jpeg

A600F282-9399-4FB7-B826-2FD6D79640D1.jpeg

0529FE48-07B9-4046-80A8-02EE30184827.jpeg

There is a 'kit' that incudes a couple of connectors. Sometimes see them on fleabay. MES  https://www.mes-midlands.co.uk/ might be able to supply it or equivalents.  (May be able to advise where to fit too)

From memory I think you temp gauge sender is in the thermostat flow position and one of the blanking plugs in your last pic is the return.

I can take a pic of mine at the weekend for you if no one can confirm before.

Edited by jonathanA
Sp

11 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

There is a 'kit' that incudes a couple of connectors. Sometimes see them on fleabay. MES  https://www.mes-midlands.co.uk/ might be able to supply it or equivalents.  (May be able to advise where to fit too)

From memory I think you temp gauge sender is in the thermostat flow position and one of the blanking plugs in your last pic is the return.

I can take a pic of mine at the weekend for you if no one can confirm before.

A photo of your set up would be much appreciated thanks. 

For the flow to the calorifier you would remove the temperature switch/sender which can be seen in the first photo. Put a t price in its place. You can then put the switch/sender back into one side of the t peice, and the spare outlet becomes the flow to calorifier. The return from calorifier would then be teed into the suction side of pump. Probably best to go into the smaller pipe which runs below the manifold. If I remember correctly the temperature switch/sender unit is 3/8 BSP.

6 hours ago, jonathanA said:

The standard sender is 1/8 npt which looks like it is still in place above the current one in the OPs pic. 

Yes that's right. The unused one is 1/8. For the supply to the calorifier the larger 3/8 outlet was the one used by Lister when calorifier fittings were added.