generator spark plug

wandering snail

Featured Posts

Measure the depth of the thread and diameter. That should get you a plug that fits. If you can choose one WITHOUT and extended nose so there is no chance of it hitting the piston.  Once that is done you only have to  worry about the heat range (running temperature of the ceramic tip). A good supplier should know about the heat range so choose a middle one. If it oils up go hotter, if the tip goes very white go colder. Without a manual that is the best I can do, hope someone else actually knows.

Measure the depth from the top of the thread to the bottom to give the plug reach and make sure that there is room below this to the piston crown at top dead center for the electrode whether extended nose or not.  Find a motorbike or lawn mower engine,  about the same capacity, and try that spark plug.  2 stroke or 4 stroke?  It makes a difference.

Generator Guru lists this for the 3600i genny  https://www.generatorguru.com/spark-plug-75165997/

Edited by Tracy D'arth

6 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Measure the depth from the top of the thread to the bottom to give the plug reach and make sure that there is room below this to the piston crown at top dead center for the electrode whether extended nose or not.  Find a motorbike or lawn mower engine,  about the same capacity, and try that spark plug.  2 stroke or 4 stroke?  It makes a difference.

4 stroke

Generator Guru lists this for the 3600i genny  https://www.generatorguru.com/spark-plug-75165997/

You can ask them on line, they are usually very helpful.

If the picture on the site is a true representation ( not guaranteed ) of the spark plug, then its an extended nose long reach like an N9Y or an N11Y but do make sure that the piston will not hit it

22 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Many thanks for the input. Sadly it's R.I.P, the inverter control board has been burnt out.

Don't lose hope. There are people about who love fixing control boards. 

Someone like Geoff at cetltd.com might cruise it if you send it to him. Or he might dismiss it out of hand depending on his mood when you catch him.