HUAWEI B535. INTERMITTENT

jaime66

Featured Posts

Are they all connected through WiFi? Could it be the MacBook is connected on 5GHz and the others on 2.4 GHz? You can check this on the router's admin page. 5GHz is always preferable if you can use it.

My Internet radio will only work on 2.4Ghz and not at all on 5Ghz apparently due to the circuitry. May well be similar with your phone?

Does appear that it works better with the, I'm assuming, more expensive equipment which again points towards her internal circutary of the items.

My understanding with 5Ghz is that it works better if you are in the same room with it whilst, for some reason, 2.4Ghz is better at passing through walls.

Might be worth doing some testing on both settings both in the same room and remotely.

Edited by reg
Singular to plural

The 535 has a setting whereby it combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi and lets the client connect to whichever  one is the better signal with no user intervention  needed.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Loddon said:

The 535 has a setting whereby it combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi and lets the client connect to whichever  one is the better signal with no user intervention  needed.

Maybe that is part of the problem if, like in the case of my radio, 5Ghz is theoreticaly correct but in practice can't be handled by the hardware ?

Info:My wifi radio is an Ocean Digital 

14 minutes ago, reg said:

Maybe that is part of the problem if, like in the case of my radio, 5Ghz is theoreticaly correct but in practice can't be handled by the hardware ?

Info:My wifi radio is an Ocean Digital 

If the client hasn't got 5ghz wifi it just connects at 2.4ghz ignoring the 5ghz.

I have a couple of items that don't have 5ghz and they work just as you would expect.

Having re read that can you turn off the 5 on the ocean or disable it on the 535

Edited by Loddon

5 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Having re read that can you turn off the 5 on the ocean or disable it on the 535

Edited 2 minutes ago by Loddon

I dont have the 535, not sure what Huawei model it is as is branded however I have to manually reconfigure to switch.

Reached the limit of my knowledge so will bow out to avoid clutter.

This could take a bit of trial and error. Try turning off the 5Ghz wifi, connect devices - see which like it and which don't, then swap over, turning it back on and do the same with the 2.4GHz... you may have some fussy devices... 2.4GHz is generally more compatible and has a longer range, but 5GHz is faster with shorter range.... you may end up switching off the 5GHz to get all happy...  also, try changing your wifi channel - if its preset change it to 'auto' - I've known some devices not like the higher/low end chosen by the router. You could also have interference locally - changing the channel may help here also.

Good Luck!

12 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

You could also have interference locally - changing the channel may help here also.

At home I am surrounded by lots of 2.4 WiFi so use the 5 WiFi almost exclusively.

A good app to see what is around you is: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer