where to buy a telescopic pole

Acorn

Featured Posts

I want a Telescopic pole for my digital ariel . but i cat fid one that wil suport the weight of the arile whilst fixed on. can any tell me where i can get one. also i need to fix it ti a lip on the front of my boat . but i dont know how to dot his either. the lip sticks out as the front doors are set back a bit. if that makes sense. i would have to drill two holes to fix something through them but then i need a fitting that will allow me to fix the pole to the front of the boat that uses these two holes for the fitting. but i can find a fitting that will do it can anyone help me,,,

Acorn

First thing that springs to mind is a fishing bank stick

They come in various lengths, the largest I have is about 4 ft extending to 8 ft and about 7/8 inch diamenter, made of aluminium and quite strong and the best bit is......they have a threaded hole in the top so you can attach stuff to them

If you had a bracket on the side of your boat to drop the bank stick into your problem might solved

They come in various lengths, the largest I have is about 4 ft extending to 8 ft and about 7/8 inch diamenter, made of aluminium and quite strong and the best bit is......they have a threaded hole in the top so you can attach stuff to them

If you had a bracket on the side of your boat to drop the bank stick into your problem might solved

Thanks Bazza

where can i get one . can i buy them form a fishing shop. also i bought a 12 v tv but it has a built in transformer attched to the 24o lead i want a 12v lead that goes in the back of the tv and into the 12 plug that i have i dont have a 24o one near the tv and i cant run an extension as it will be dangerous poeople will trip over it. where can i get ine tof these

Acorn

You beat me to it Bazza. I have some the same length as you mentioned, bought from the fishing tackle shop for just a few quid, and they're very strong and versatile. Mine are made by Dinsmores, but any tackle shop should have something similar. You can attach quite a few items via the threaded hole. They're pretty strong. We banged one into the ground on a recent camping trip and used it to hold a lantern (when I'd finished fishing of course!)

Bazza's idea of a bracket on the side of the boat would work perfectly with one of these, and would be very unobtrusive.

Janet

You beat me to it Bazza. I have some the same length as you mentioned, bought from the fishing tackle shop for just a few quid, and they're very strong and versatile. Mine are made by Dinsmores, but any tackle shop should have something similar. You can attach quite a few items via the threaded hole. They're pretty strong. We banged one into the ground on a recent camping trip and used it to hold a lantern (when I'd finished fishing of course!)

Bazza's idea of a bracket on the side of the boat would work perfectly with one of these, and would be very unobtrusive.

Janet

cant attach it to the side of the baoat it would have to go on the front next to where the doors arein the bow as this is the only place to fix a fitting with out drilling to the inside of the boat

Acorn

A small vice makes a handy adjustable aerial mount but ideally the vice needs to be fixed vertically. Just realised that I have used an anglers bank stick for mine, found it by the cut, the mini vice holds it well.

A small vice makes a handy adjustable aerial mount but ideally the vice needs to be fixed vertically. Just realised that I have used an anglers bank stick for mine, found it by the cut, the mini vice holds it well.

I have used an extension pole for a wash brush used to wash trucks etc i paid about 10 quid for it, it is made from aluminium and extends to about 15 feet ideal to get above hedges and tree's.

Thanks Bazza

where can i get one . can i buy them form a fishing shop. also i bought a 12 v tv but it has a built in transformer attched to the 24o lead i want a 12v lead that goes in the back of the tv and into the 12 plug that i have i dont have a 24o one near the tv and i cant run an extension as it will be dangerous poeople will trip over it. where can i get ine tof these

Acorn

Is it an lcd tv if so be carefull the 12 v supply might be too much for it and blow it up been there done it there is a post about it on the forrum somewere