Pressure release valve leaking...still

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Another think that looks a bit odd. Mounted on the left of the blue calorifier there is what looks like the PRV but it has  a sliver "something" fitted at its base and there seems to be a small plastic pipe or round cable coming from it. No idea what that is.

I'm pretty sure that will turn out to be a thermostatic blender valve, to limit the temperature of the water being sent to the taps to a safe value, e.g. 54c.

A calorifier heated by engine coolant can easily reach engine temp of perhaps 80c after a few hours of cruising, leading to dangerously hot water from the taps without the blender valve. 

Just now, MtB said:

I'm pretty sure that will turn out to be a thermostatic blender valve, to limit the temperature of the water being sent to the taps to a safe value, e.g. 54c.

A calorifier heated by engine coolant can easily reach engine temp of perhaps 80c after a few hours of cruising, leading to dangerously hot water from the taps without the blender valve. 

I did wonder about that but if so where is the PRV, and what is that  small tube thing?

4 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I did wonder about that but if so where is the PRV,

No PRV in the photo as far as I can see. The thing we are looking at can't be a PRV as a PRV only has two pipe connections, not three. A blender valve has three.