Has anyone used a Morso 04 stove on a boat? I am looking for burner advice!

P1PPA

Featured Posts

Hey MtB. I'm trying to get in touch with you but the website wont let me send you a message. I'm the current owner of the boat you bought from Hancock and Lane, Clarence. I've got a lot  of photos of its current state. I've uploaded one photo to my account on here so you can check if its the same boat or not... must be the one though. 

If you're interested here is my email: redmanjoseph@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers! 

Joe

On 04/10/2021 at 15:19, P1PPA said:

No worries 🙂

The Ekol Clarity 5 looks like a really good one. If you load it up and go out all day/night, how long do the embers generally last (ie. you can chuck some wood on and it gets going again?)

Do you have a very long flue?

Thanks.

I used to have a Villager C 5kw stove with back boiler running radiators on my boat. Yes it got toasty, which was a good thing, and it would stay in for about 12/15 hours, with the right coal and was equally happy on wood.

The flue was less than 1.5 metres inside the cabin, plus the chimney outside, and worked very well.

On 07/11/2021 at 03:08, joseph redman said:

Hey MtB. I'm trying to get in touch with you but the website wont let me send you a message. I'm the current owner of the boat you bought from Hancock and Lane, Clarence. I've got a lot  of photos of its current state. I've uploaded one photo to my account on here so you can check if its the same boat or not... must be the one though. 

Cheers! 

Joe

Hi Joe, 

You can't send a PM because you haven't made 5 posts on the public forum yet! 

I checked your pic and I'm not sure its the same "Clarence". Mine was all portholes with no bus windows, and although trad stern I don't remember having engine room side doors like your boat.... 

I fitted an old second hand (in 1984!) BMC 1.5. Is that what you have? 

On 07/11/2021 at 03:08, joseph redman said:

Cheers! 

Joe

But your Clarence is not a Hancock and Lane but a Walsall Boatbuilders Ltd. You have a Lister H air cooled with the snail duct on the roof. It used to moor near me in Culcutt marina. Never did find out what was housed in the horrible box mounted on the stern.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tonka said:

But your Clarence is not a Hancock and Lane but a Walsall Boatbuilders Ltd. You have a Lister H air cooled with the snail duct on the roof. It used to moor near me in Culcutt marina. Never did find out what was housed in the horrible box mounted on the stern.

@joseph redman yours has CRT reg 48925. you can check here to check yourself The Boat Index : The Boat Listing – CanalPlanAC