GU Leicester Section Water Levels.

Chris Lowe

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

Is the water level ok on the leicester section at the moment as CRT are working on Welford reservoir central dam and the water levels are rather low.

20210623_173144.jpg.11a254b1cb83f3932e8f01c94b673690.jpg

20210623_173414.jpg.fb8a38db51677d8f19610db9ccfd3be4.jpg

The spillway.

That's not low....

They are working on the Sulby reservoir, not the Welford, but as the two are insurmountably connected and look like one lake from the sky, CRT can be excused if that's what you've been told.

Apparently they have fitted a new back pump on the Welford lock, so the top pound should be OK. 

The main pound will probably only be accessible from Foxton soon so the water levels should be ok.

• Greenie 1

I may have emptied it last week trying to go down through Spinney Lock, the bottom gates would not stay closed and, after walking around it 5 or 6 times, I decided the only way to keep the bottom gates shut was to open the paddles on the top gates!! This only worked when the top paddles were fully open.

I have reported it to C&RT and apologised for the amount of water I will have wasted!

9 hours ago, matty40s said:

They are working on the Sulby reservoir, not the Welford, but as the two are insurmountably connected and look like one lake from the sky, CRT can be excused if that's what you've been told.

I new one was Welford and the other Sulby but wasn't sure which way round they are, particularly as the CRT sign at the car park just says Welford.

CRT have put a lot of new rock on the higher side of the dam which I presume makes that Sulby.

I'll have another wander next week see how it's going, driven past here so many times and only just stopped for a walk.