Tow needed - Shardlow area

Ash55

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Isn't it insurance talk for we will decide if you were covered after the event

My thinking exactly.

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

What theck does 'customary' mean in the context of towing another boat?

Butty?

I always reckoned that when Mike Stimpson was Mardon and later Towergate's inland waterways special advisor, you would be fine with towing a butty, since he knew this was custom and practice, particularly for the historic boats which were a feature of his policy. But I am not so sure that the wider marine insurance market, for whom narrow boats are a niche area, would see things the same way.

Edited by David Mack

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

But I am not so sure that the wider marine insurance market, for whom narrow boats are a niche area, would see things the same way.

But are we not talking specific NB policies ?

What is 'customary towing' for an NB ?

The terms and conditions on my NB policies were always very different to my lumpy-water policies.

I use CraftInsure for both types of boat.

Taking CraftInsure as an example you select your boat type and then the policy is geared around that - an example might be the 'range' where an Inland waterways policy will specify "canals, rivers and tidal connections between them" whilst my cruiser policy gives cover for all areas marked on this map.

Cruising Range Map.png

21 hours ago, David Mack said:

I always reckoned that when Mike Stimpson was Mardon and later Towergate's inland waterways special advisor, you would be fine with towing a butty, since he knew this was custom and practice, particularly for the historic boats which were a feature of his policy. But I am not so sure that the wider marine insurance market, for whom narrow boats are a niche area, would see things the same way.

He is still about doing NB insurance