0n board 4G Mifi suggestions

andybarrett1

Featured Posts

Yes very good tip. I've had a similar experience, and when the data went from 15gb for £20, to 'unlimited' for £17 I was chuffed. I spoke with them this morning and they said I was due an upgrade on 4/7 and yes the B535 could be part of that.... I just need to keep the little Mifi box from overheating for a few weeks now the sun is coming out. The little white box that preceded it didn't seem to mind the sun as much

Well I've managed to get a B535 router from Three free with a new unlimited contract at £18 pm, and have a ordered one of the Poynting Omni Directional antennas to go with it, so am looking forward to more consistent and faster data - thanks for help all. Not quite as good as the £15 pm that @Loddon managed, but I'm not unhappy

• Greenie 1

For occasional use on the boat I am happy with smarty, top up when we arrive on the boat and use it during our holiday and then leave it until the next time we need it so no wasted expenditure.

I'm a liveaboard with pretty constant year round use, so don't mind a contract if I get free bits of kit every now and again, they offer discounts, and of course it needs to work reliably. For what it's worth, when I do need to contact 3, which isnt often, I am usually speaking to someone within a few minutes who can make decisions and implement changes, and things can be sorted quite quickly. I've been with them for 10 years now, and just a little customer loyalty dividend is stating to return which is a good thing. Proof of the pudding will be getting a better data speed and reduced loss of service. Although I have been able to do most things with daily Teams/Zoom etc over the last year, if there is one person in a meeting with latency problems, it will generally have been me. With an antenna and better router, fingers crossed that improves.