Leisure cooker

AliceRosano

Featured Posts

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has a gas leisure cooker on board? Specifically an old gr6gv mk11 model...

I’m hoping to buy a second hand one today and I would like someone’s opinion. Dod you get an lpg conversion kit? Does it have flame failure cut out?

thank you

Also should that 6 in the model number be a B? If so this is the manual for it and the specifications. The first link you have to double click on either the pdf or the one underneath and then copy the idiotically long URL into your browser. That one is for the PDF manual. I couldn't see how to do a direct link to the manual.

The second link is to the cooker's website. Which also doesn't want to work from this forum, dunno why. Again highlight the link and follow the instructions.

Edited by pete.i
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, AliceRosano said:

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has a gas leisure cooker on board? Specifically an old gr6gv mk11 model...

I’m hoping to buy a second hand one today and I would like someone’s opinion. Dod you get an lpg conversion kit? Does it have flame failure cut out?

thank you

Not answering your question but it apparently needs mains for its igniter and it may have a mains fan to cool the control area. I am sure you could light it with a match but if it does have a fan and you don't have 240V AC aboard then how long the controls last may be open to question. I am not talking about a fan over here.

2 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not answering your question but it apparently needs mains for its igniter and it may have a mains fan to cool the control area. I am sure you could light it with a match but if it does have a fan and you don't have 240V AC aboard then how long the controls last may be open to question. I am not talking about a fan over here.

My cooker requires that sort of ignition and fan set up, but it can work with a relatively small inverter, plugged into a cigarette lighter type socket. 

13 minutes ago, Higgs said:

My cooker requires that sort of ignition and fan set up, but it can work with a relatively small inverter, plugged into a cigarette lighter type socket. 

Agreed but the smaller inverters that would do the job and appear to be inexpensive are unlikely to have a low standby current so it all places an extra electrical load on what I suspect is a live aboard boat. It would be fine if the OP has an inverter running 24/7 for other things and has electrically budgeted for the recharging.

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Agreed but the smaller inverters that would do the job and appear to be inexpensive are unlikely to have a low standby current so it all places an extra electrical load on what I suspect is a live aboard boat. It would be fine if the OP has an inverter running 24/7 for other things and has electrically budgeted for the recharging.

The type of inverter I mentioned is not one I would keep in use, unless specifically needed to run the cooker when needed. But I've tested the setup for emergency use. I wouldn't be sure about whether the cooker being mentioned by the OP is jetted correctly, or if it had a flame-out system. 

Edited by Higgs

Just now, Higgs said:

The type of inverter I mentioned is not one I would keep in use, unless specifically needed to run the cooker, when needed. But I've tested the setup for emergency use. I wouldn't be sure about whether the cooker being mentioned by the OP is jetted correctly, or if it had a flame-out system. 

Me neither.

1 hour ago, Higgs said:

I wouldn't be sure about whether the cooker being mentioned by the OP is jetted correctly, or if it had a flame-out system. 

pete.i's link includes:

LPG conversion kit available (Gas only)
Yes
Flame safety device (FSD) (Gas only)
Yes

Whether the OP's second hand cooker has had the LPG jets fitted is another matter.
  • Greenie 1