Boat caught on cill - 1989

LEO

Featured Posts

Looking through some of my boating pictures, I came across this one, we set out from Cowroast in July 1989 to boat round the Thames ring, great weather and we travelled on towards London.

At lock 56, just through Berko we came upon a Springer called 'Milo' which caught on the cill when the lock was drained, a BW team were on hand, planks were placed across the lock and a block and tackle set up. It was about 1.00pm. The water level was lowered and work started to right the boat, by-standers from a couple of hotel boats watched and others, my self included joined in helping.

'Milo' was righted and pumped out and we were on our way by about 5.30pm, I wonder what the delay for a similar accident would be to-day?.

This trip was delayed by gearbox troubled on the Thames, repaired, it broke down again and we had a months stay at Gayton, getting back to Cowroast in September. happy days.

Boat cill.jpg

25 minutes ago, LEO said:

It was about 1.00pm. The water level was lowered and work started to right the boat, by-standers from a couple of hotel boats watched and others, my self included joined in helping.

'Milo' was righted and pumped out and we were on our way by about 5.30pm, I wonder what the delay for a similar accident would be to-day?.

About half that ... 7:30 till 9:00 on this one last year.

And some video ...