Question re. Boat Safety

Boatlife

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Boatlife said:

Hi, first question and hope it is in the right section!
After an examiner has inspected a boat, and everything is OK, does he/she send the report directly to the navigation authority (CRT in my case).
Thank you.

He fills in the details on the BSSC Intranet which C&RT have access to, so, can can immediately see that you have a pass or fail.

You will normally get a 'receipt' by email from the examiner saying you have a pass / fail.

Screenshot (364).png

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, Boatlife said:

After an examiner has inspected a boat, and everything is OK, does he/she send the report directly to the navigation authority (CRT in my case).
Thank you.

The surveyor registers the pass online and it should appear on your account for the boat on the C&RT website

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, Boatlife said:

Thank you.

Yes.

Dont forget they are effectively just a differnet dept. of the same organisation.

54 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Yes.

Dont forget they are effectively just a differnet dept. of the same organisation.

Which is one reason that I found it strange in the latest CRT licence consultation survey, that they propose making it a condition of the licence application or renewal that you send them full details of your BSS pass certificate including its expiry date as well as making it the boater's responsibility to notify CRT immediately of the details of the new certificate as soon as the current one expires. 

7 hours ago, Keeping Up said:

Which is one reason that I found it strange in the latest CRT licence consultation survey, that they propose making it a condition of the licence application or renewal that you send them full details of your BSS pass certificate including its expiry date as well as making it the boater's responsibility to notify CRT immediately of the details of the new certificate as soon as the current one expires. 

Probably written by someone who isn't a C&RT employee and doesn't know how it works.

The surveyor being responsible for registering the certificate e seems to me a good thing as it avoids any possibility of a false declaration.

11 hours ago, Keeping Up said:

Just shows you that one CRT department doesn't 'talk to another'...