Lister ST3C Service

All Oaks

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, All Oaks said:

What gearbox would you expect to see on such an engine? Either way I've had no problem with this one throughout the time the boat was up and running.

The only gearboxes fitted to this engine by Listers were either LH150/LM100 or Hurth. Anything else would be non standard.

2 minutes ago, All Oaks said:

Of course, yes I see your point now, I did ask about gear box oil.

I'm trawling through some Lister sites and yeah I see the gearboxes that you mention.

Like you said hopefully someone will recognise the box so I can then find out what oil is suitable but I will make a note of what you have said and try and get a look tomorrow and report back with my findings.

Just now, bizzard said:

The fuel filter is different from the norm so my numbers will be wrong, could be a 296 see if there's any numbers on it.  The oil filter looks ok so my numbers should be ok, but read numbers on it, looks lik a Mahl something or other.  No idea what gearbox that is either.

Fram C1191PL. This was the standard filter on later ST engines.

3 minutes ago, bizzard said:

The fuel filter is different from the norm so my numbers will be wrong, could be a 296 see if there's any numbers on it.  The oil filter looks ok so my numbers should be ok, but read numbers on it, looks lik a Mahl something or other.  No idea what gearbox that is either.

Agree, a generic 296 fuel filter.

I like the sound of that! Everything else I'm doing is costing hundreds and adding up to thousands!! Soon as she fires up she is off to get blacked and a bit of welding.

I'm hoping she will be done by this time next year. She is a 40 year old boat and I don't think she has had any attention in that time. If you take a look at some of my other posts you will see a picture of her. There was a bit of a discussion as to what she actually is. I think the last post said she was a Hancock & Lane D.I.Y kit although i'm not too sure.

2 minutes ago, All Oaks said:

I like the sound of that! Everything else I'm doing is costing hundreds and adding up to thousands!! Soon as she fires up she is off to get blacked and a bit of welding.

I'm hoping she will be done by this time next year. She is a 40 year old boat and I don't think she has had any attention in that time. If you take a look at some of my other posts you will see a picture of her. There was a bit of a discussion as to what she actually is. I think the last post said she was a Hancock & Lane D.I.Y kit although i'm not too sure.

The oil filter shouldn't cost much more.