Noisy Mikuni

Callum4878

Featured Posts

The ticking noise is the fuel pump. Each tick is the thing delivering a tiny dose of fuel. They can be noisy but it depends on how well they are installed. They can also have a noisy exhaust but they should be fitted with a silencer on the exhaust. Ours is in the engine room at the back. Next room is the bedroom and yes we can certainly hear it in bed. But further forward in the boat - kitchen, living/dining area, we can’t hear it.

54 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Yes.  Abomination, had one moored next to be once, had to leave the marina.

From outside, you can barely hear ours. You wouldn’t be able to hear it from inside an adjacent boat. Certainly you can’t hear it from the non-exhaust side. Some of these heaters are really vehicle heater kits without a decent silencer. The proper boat ones are very quiet outside.

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

From outside, you can barely hear ours. You wouldn’t be able to hear it from inside an adjacent boat. Certainly you can’t hear it from the non-exhaust side. Some of these heaters are really vehicle heater kits without a decent silencer. The proper boat ones are very quiet outside.

How did I know that yours would be perfect? There are 4 within earshot where I usually moor and they are all intrusive.

38 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

How did I know that yours would be perfect? There are 4 within earshot where I usually moor and they are all intrusive.

Are they Mikunis, or just some random evaporative heater? I have certainly heard some very noisy heaters, but not all are created and installed the same.

You do seem to be unlucky, had to leave a marina due to heaters, now on line with heaters around you not to mention all those speeding boats ripping your boat from its moorings, Your life seems very hard, I do feel sorry for you. Apparently houses can be quite nice.