Starts with a penny

Horizon

Featured Posts

Hi my lovely boating people

im trying to get a little help for a friend and maybe help others too, I’ve started a go fund page 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/it-starts-with-a-penny?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

im trying to raise money for ex service personal with ptsd by buying a canal boat and having it stop at locations around the Uk where people can pop over for a chat with a mental health professional and just not feel so alone. 

if anyone can help and repost it get the word out there is really Appreciate it I’m new to this.

Thanks again 

Edited by Horizon

Hi ....

I have experience of volunteering especially in the mental health sector.

I have concerns that in exchange for the amount of money needed to fund buying a canal boat in order to stop at locations around the UK, whether your service would be accessible enough to the client group.

So I checked your link to learn more, and look for answers to the most basic of my questions.

Disappointingly it goes no where.

I've also gone to gofundme.com directly to search for you and again you don't appear to be known.

When requesting investment, especially for The Third Sector I advise professionalism and presenting the right image is essential from beginning to end.

I would like to see a complete proposal detailing objectives, proposed costs, staffing/volunteers etc.

Also your last sentence makes no sense.

Hi thank you for the reply, I’m willing to take the advice as I say I’m new to this I’m just trying to do a good deed it’s not my usual job. I understand it won’t be cheap but I think it would help a lot of people out even by just giving them a place to chat 

1 minute ago, Horizon said:

Hi thank you for the reply, I’m willing to take the advice as I say I’m new to this I’m just trying to do a good deed it’s not my usual job. I understand it won’t be cheap but I think it would help a lot of people out even by just giving them a place to chat 

Are you a qualified health professional trying to offer this service yourself, or is it something else?

Hi sea dog I’m just someone who has suffered with ptsd In life, I’m just trying to help fund a project there’s qualified professionals who will do the support I’m just trying to help get it going. I’ve found the canals and narrow boats to be somewhere that has open arms for everyone it’s a relaxed no threatening place and it’s helped me and many others with are ptsd 

"Together we have come up with a plan, to put chess a narrow boat where Craig will live, it will travel the uk canal network and set up base as and where needed" (sic). Wouldn't a caravan or campervan  be a much cheaper way of providing a home for your friend? Your friend would also have greater access to all corners of the UK. Good luck with your project.