Featured Posts

3 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Excellent, well done and thanks for getting back to us.

Hi nicknorman,

It was the very least I could do after you all helped me out more than you could know! Thanks again for all of your advice and support!

Sarah xxx

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

@Sarah-H First thank you from me as well, so many don't bother to feed back. You have the makings of an excellent practical boater.

Just checking that you do have a cold water feed into the mixing valve - if not it won't mix. Its not clear from your report.

Hi Tony,

No, a BIG thank you from me for your support and advice! I was feeling very stressed out this morning when yet another engineer failed to arrive and I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue online but with the advice you and others offered here I felt comfortable enough to get my hands dirty and see if I could find the problem.  I'm fairly new to boating as you can tell but loving it and even happier to be able to fix some of the problems I've encountered myself so I'm sure you will see me again on here and who knows, maybe one day I can be offering some advice to others!

All the best (for now..)

Sarah xxx

9 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

The actual position of the PRV will not matter, Pascal's law says pressure is equal throughout a system so as long as there is no one way valve between the PRV and calorifier body it will be fine. My PRV is right at the front of the boat by the  pump but I don't have a one way valve on the calorifier inlet.

It matters if you are trying to dump some pressure but not hot water - so the sensible fitting position should be at the lower end of the system away from your precious hot water?

21 minutes ago, alistair1537 said:

It matters if you are trying to dump some pressure but not hot water - so the sensible fitting position should be at the lower end of the system away from your precious hot water?

It shouldn't be dumping.