Setting up a satellite dish.

Slim

Featured Posts

Recently bought a new TV combo for the boat (it's sitting here at home) that has a built in satellite tuner. In the shed I have a dish that I bought years ago as part of a caravan type setup but without the tuner or gizmo that's supposed to tell you the angle and bearing to point the dish at. I'm assuming that I could get basic sat channels but don't really know. I do have Sky so know more or less where their satellite is. Can anyone advise? I would like to set the TV up iin advance of returning to the boat.

Just to confirm. I have the dish, brackets LNB single channel, connectors , co ax cable, basic signal strength meter  and obviously the TV.

Many thanks 

Edited by Slim

When I got a satellite receiver for the boat years ago,  when it came I connected it up to the sky dish at home and tuned it.  You can prove it all works without worrying about disk alignment.  I then connected to the dish I got for the boat and messed around with alignment, with the box already tuned.

BTW, for years it has sat in the cupboard on the boat, with freeview and and BT sport (for rugby of course) and players via internet there is more TV than we need.  Last time I used the satellite I think was in the basin at Llangollen during the 2012 olympics when we could not get BBC there.