Ex Hire Boat in France.

Josm100

Featured Posts

On 18/06/2020 at 17:00, Albion said:

In all honesty, he's not good at piloting a narrowboat, a craft that he has owned for years. Saw him and his boat once at Calcutta Marina when I used to moor our nb there and to say his boat looked well worn would be a kind description. ?

Roger

Ruddy spell checker/auto correct strikes again. Just spotted 'Calcutta' instead of 'Calcutt'. Doh!

Roger

I used to see some of these at Corre on the Upper Saone when the company started a hire boat operation there. It lasted a few years and I think most of the clients were German. There are one or two in private hands but I have never spoken to anybody about them. They were and maybe still are built in Germany and they must be pretty expensive.

10 hours ago, Josm100 said:

https://www.kuhnle-tours.com/boats-and-yachts/primus-kormoran/kormoran-1500/

This is an interesting looking boat. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks. 

Like Dav and Pen I have seen some (a very few) about on the French system. In fact IIRC there was one that used to moor at Auxonne when we were there with our barge for a few years. Like Dav and Pen I would expect them to be quite pricey. I never met an owner to be able to chat and find out about the boats though.

Roger

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Dav and Pen said:

I used to see some of these at Corre on the Upper Saone when the company started a hire boat operation there. It lasted a few years and I think most of the clients were German. There are one or two in private hands but I have never spoken to anybody about them. They were and maybe still are built in Germany and they must be pretty expensive.

Yes, I found pricing for new and fifteen year old plus ones. They're ridiculously expensive, I'm struggling to find where that value is in such a plainly fitted out craft. Circa $450k new $300k used, I really can't see where that value is, if it were all bespoke luxury inside, sure, but it looks like a relatively cheap hire boat to me. Even if it was super well built under all that marine plywood, I still don't see it. 

Edited by Josm100