Buffalo boards

Featured Posts

The two boats I had shares in used Hexagrip to cover the engine (both semi-trads) and bow lockers.

On each boat the Hexagrip lasted about 10 years. It hadn't delaminated, but 10 years of almost continuous use wore through the resin of the engine cover boards.

Good stuff in my opinion.

Edited by cuthound
To remove a letter masquerading as a space

10 hours ago, blackrose said:

I know there have been a few threads on the subject in recent years but this was a recent one that came up in a search.

When people talk about buffalo board, are they just using the term generically to cover phenolic ply in general or is Buffalo a particular brand that implies quality?

Is there any brand or manufacturer that people would recommend for a good quality board that will resist the elements? Yes, I know that any cut edges have to be treated.

Is phenolic ply all much of a muchness or should one avoid unknown brands? I was going to buy some of this from ebay but I've no idea whether it will be any good or not.

Phenolic Plywood Russian Birch Plywood Rhino Mesh Anti-Slip - All Sheet Sizes | eBay

That’s the good stuff  birch ply is about as good as it gets it has many layers not like Malaysian  ply with only a small amount 

Graham