Using a laptop

Jax48

Featured Posts

To the original question of what laptop to buy - I've gone for an apple iBook - easy to use and draws 45 watts. Long battery life. It is so easy to use and does email, web browsing, word processing, photo management etc - everything I shall ever need. Built in airpport to use with wifi and will accept a USB modem.

Stickleback

To the original question of what laptop to buy - I've gone for an apple iBook - easy to use and draws 45 watts. Long battery life. It is so easy to use and does email, web browsing, word processing, photo management etc - everything I shall ever need. Built in airpport to use with wifi and will accept a USB modem.

Stickleback

Good call - have you bought it yet as the new release operating system is due out next month?

I have to use Microsoft in my professional capacity, but also have an Imac for family use. For anyone whose use is leisure only and doesn't need to run software that will only run under MS, Mac is a far less stressful experience overall (albeit a costlier one).

Good call - have you bought it yet as the new release operating system is due out next month?

I have to use Microsoft in my professional capacity, but also have an Imac for family use. For anyone whose use is leisure only and doesn't need to run software that will only run under MS, Mac is a far less stressful experience overall (albeit a costlier one).

the new mac's with the intel processors will run microsoft windows - so there is no reason for people not to duel boot and have windows if they need it.

I buy Dell laptop's for work use and these all come with a 65W power supply as standard, models such as the D630 and D430 also contain a built in 3G card so you just put your tmobile/orange/3/vodaphone sim in and switch it on - no cables or external usb stuff.

Spec. from the dell power supplies are 100-240VAC 1.5Amps 50/60Hz. Output 19.5V 3.34A (2 pin plug, centre pin is +)

If your in the market for a good value laptop have a look at Tesco's ... http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5525/btnRe...ort.y%3d13.aspx

I went the T-mobile 3Gb way but recently saw 3G advertising in Sainsbury's 1Gb £10 which as it happens is enough for my needs, but I am into an 18 month contract with T-mobile.

Edited by Maffi