Best way to dry out a cabin bilge

MichaelG

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, cuthound said:

My dehumidifier has a tank and a flexible drainpipe, which overrides the tank.

I put it on the draining board with the drain in the galley sink, so it drains directly overboard.

This has really got me thinking.... I have a small portable dehumidifier. The bilge holes on the boat at about 10cm diameter and this seems to be the same size as the flexi hose you get from tumble dryers.. thinking about rigging this up so I can connect up a flexi hose to the back of the dehumidifier so I can concentrate it on the bilge.... now where's an empty ice cream carton and sticky back plastic.... :)  I like it when I can solve things with stuff I already have!

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

This has really got me thinking.... I have a small portable dehumidifier. The bilge holes on the boat at about 10cm diameter and this seems to be the same size as the flexi hose you get from tumble dryers.. thinking about rigging this up so I can connect up a flexi hose to the back of the dehumidifier so I can concentrate it on the bilge.... now where's an empty ice cream carton and sticky back plastic.... :)  I like it when I can solve things with stuff I already have!

Don't forget the empty washing up liquid bottle. ?

44 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Be careful or you may end up 'going the wrong way'

Ours 'sucks in' from the grill on the top front face - the outlet / drain is at the back.

13 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Be careful or you may end up 'going the wrong way'

Ours 'sucks in' from the grill on the top front face - the outlet / drain is at the back.

indeed, I've done the piece of paper test - mine sucks in from the back and blows out the top... :)