Canal & River Trust appoints new regional director for Wales & south West

Ray T

Featured Posts

PRESS RELEASE

21 November 2019  

CANAL & RIVER TRUST APPOINTS NEW REGIONAL DIRECTOR FOR WALES & SOUTH WEST

The Canal & River Trust has announced the appointment of Mark Evans as the new director for the Wales & South West region.

Mark is currently head of Waterside Moorings, the Trust’s directly managed moorings business, and interim head of the Trust’s waterway museums at Gloucester and Ellesmere Port.  He joined the Trust over four years ago as waterway manager for the Kennet & Avon Canal.  Mark will be taking up the role in January 2020.

Julie Sharman, chief operating officer at Canal & River Trust, said: “I am delighted to announce that Mark Evans has been appointed as director for Wales & South West.  In the last year Mark has shown strength and versatility in his leadership of both the moorings team and museums.  I am confident that he will inspire and unite the excellent team in Wales & South West.”

Mark Evans said: “I am looking forward to taking up this exciting role as director for Wales & South West.  I am particularly proud to be able to represent the Trust in Wales because of my own Welsh heritage, and to take on responsibility for the region which also includes the Kennet & Avon, Bridgwater & Taunton and Gloucester & Sharpness canals, and the magnificent Gloucester Docks and River Severn.”

For more information on the Canal & River Trust including how to volunteer or donate money to support the work we do please visit www.canalrivertrust.org.uk

ENDS

Fran Read

National press officer

I work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays

M  07796 610 427

E  fran.read@canalrivertrust.org.uk

54 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

His third job with the Trust in four years. You do wonder a bit. I'd be interested to know what he did before joining the Trust, and how long he'd done that for. 

This third was from when Mark joined CRT 

According to the OP, his first job at the Trust was waterway manager of the K&A, his second was head of Waterside moorings, and now managing Wales. Since he joined CRT "over" four years ago,presumably as you say in April 15. Either he's so good he achieves all his goals in about a year, or he gets shifted somewhere else for the same reason managers always get shovelled sideways. Just seems a bit odd,that's all. I don't suppose it matters much.