Location of Honda EU20i Engine number??

Tessy

Featured Posts

Hello!

I am in need of some advice from a person familiar with the insides of a Honda EU20i generator. 

Ours was stolen and the police think they have recovered it. They cannot find the serial number, so my guess is this has been removed. I also have the engine number paperwork. The engine number is apparently stamped on the aluminium of the engine itself, so that the generator can always be identified. According to the website: "The engine number of a Honda engine is also stamped on the side of the engine. They have a 4 or 5 letter prefix, followed by a 7 digit number. (eg. GCASK - 1005447)". 

Now, I have watched teardowns of this generator on youtube, in an attempt to locate exactly WHERE this number is stamped on the engine block. At first I thought I had found it underneath the covering that goes over the exhaust outlet, but apparently this is something else.

Is anyone able to help me out as I'm at the end of my tether with this! If you have one of these generators and you can easily check under the casing, it would be really appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Tessy said:

Is anyone able to help me out as I'm at the end of my tether with this! If you have one of these generators and you can easily check under the casing, it would be really appreciated!

This guy will help you.

He must be one of the most knowledgable Honda Generator 'experts' there is.

he once spent over an hour on the phone talking me thru a complete strip-down of a Honda 650.

Wouldn't accept a penny for his time.

https://petepowerblog.wordpress.com/

2 hours ago, Tessy said:

Hello!

I am in need of some advice from a person familiar with the insides of a Honda EU20i generator. 

Ours was stolen and the police think they have recovered it. They cannot find the serial number, so my guess is this has been removed. I also have the engine number paperwork. The engine number is apparently stamped on the aluminium of the engine itself, so that the generator can always be identified. According to the website: "The engine number of a Honda engine is also stamped on the side of the engine. They have a 4 or 5 letter prefix, followed by a 7 digit number. (eg. GCASK - 1005447)". 

Now, I have watched teardowns of this generator on youtube, in an attempt to locate exactly WHERE this number is stamped on the engine block. At first I thought I had found it underneath the covering that goes over the exhaust outlet, but apparently this is something else.

Phone Honda service in Slough, if they don’t know they will find out for you.