What oil filter?

Featured Posts

I have a Beta 43 engine but am having difficulty getting an oil filter. I know the Beta and Kubota part numbers but every boat yard I have tried is unable to cross reference them. Anybody the Fram/Coopers/Crossland/Purolater number?

I have a Beta 43 engine but am having difficulty getting an oil filter. I know the Beta and Kubota part numbers but every boat yard I have tried is unable to cross reference them. Anybody the Fram/Coopers/Crossland/Purolater number?

I'm back on the boat tomorrow eve, so I'll check with my spare. As far as I remember it's not a proper Beta one. (Honestly can't remember the make at the moment, though!)

If you want the Beta parts I can get them, you would need to speak to Steve on 01924 493844 after 10am on Monday. Getting the equivalent from a third party will be difficult because the marine engine manufacturers don't give that out readily. (It makes them a nice little profit I bet.)

If you want the Beta parts I can get them, you would need to speak to Steve on 01924 493844 after 10am on Monday. Getting the equivalent from a third party will be difficult because the marine engine manufacturers don't give that out readily. (It makes them a nice little profit I bet.)

I've found that out.

It was only grudgingly that Beta told be it was based on a Kubota V1903.

They suggested I went to Foxton Boat Services. I am at Fenny Compton!

Hi!

Sorry, but the spare I've got are original Beta's. With it being in a plain white box I'd gotten it into my head, whilst I was away from the boat, that they were third party ones.

Good luck with the search and let the rest of us Beta owners know.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the replies.

I would have bought genuine Beta parts if I could but mail order is not really an option when you are a CCer.

A second phone call to Beta elicited the info that the base engine is a Kubota V1903. Searching on the net I found that the Kubota part number is 70000-74035. This lead me to Fleetguard LF3706, Fram PH3589 and Crossland 2275.

Kate Boats in Warwick directed me to Lucas Service and they ordered me 2.

The service is done and I've now got a spare filter for next time. All I now have to do is get rid of 7 litres of old oil.