Lister FR2 fuel injection pumps

bobl

Featured Posts

Nope ....WW2......and its quite correct that pre 1940 CAV stuff is much better made than 1970 s CAV stuff............. Ive found the Indian made Bosch injection equiptment is just as good as CAV ,at least........far as I know,there is no mechanical injection made in eurozone any more.....Actually,the very best of the Bosch licence diesel pumps were made in Japan......Denso and Kiki.....

Again thank you the depression next to the LH pump which did not appear to be leaking was full of engine oil whereas the one next to the RH pump which appears to have the leak, was full of mainly diesel, I will work my way round all the unions tightening up and replace washers as necessary 

Thanks everyone replacement washers and one replacement bleed screw seems to have improved matters a lot, starting to understand the engine a bit more now

• Greenie 2

23 minutes ago, bobl said:

Thanks everyone replacement washers and one replacement bleed screw seems to have improved matters a lot, starting to understand the engine a bit more now

Have you found the surprising fuel filter?

MP.

2 minutes ago, bobl said:

no not sure about fuel filter, there are two in line between day tank and the engine 

There should be one under a cover on top of the engine. It is shaped like a big spiral, about six inches across

The chamber that it sits in can get cracked by water and frost, so it isn't unusual to find that filter has been bypassed

The filter is in the manual

Richard

5 hours ago, RLWP said:

The chamber that it sits in can get cracked by water and frost, so it isn't unusual to find that filter has been bypassed

This presumably, is the 'surprise' mentioned by MoominPapa in post 29......

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This presumably, is the 'surprise' mentioned by MoominPapa in post 29......

No, the surprise is usually 'so that's where the filter is!'

Richard

28 minutes ago, RLWP said:

No, the surprise is usually 'so that's where the filter is!'

Richard

Or, if you have a day tank "where is all this diesel coming from?" when you remove the innocuous looking cover across the front of the block.

MP.

2 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Or, if you have a day tank "where is all this diesel coming from?" when you remove the innocuous looking cover across the front of the block.

MP.

:giggles:

20 minutes ago, bobl said:

Thanks all I have obviously lots more surprises to come wth this engine

I have an ongoing thing with a customers FR, it likes to hide it's oil from time to time

3 hours ago, RLWP said:

I have an ongoing thing with a customers FR, it likes to hide it's oil from time to time

Mine once hid its oil by mixing it with a  lot of diesel and filling the the oil tank, crankcase and engine bilge with the mixture.

MP.

53 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Mine once hid its oil by mixing it with a  lot of diesel and filling the the oil tank, crankcase and engine bilge with the mixture.

MP.

This one likes to empty the sump and the oil tank, but not fill the bilge

It hides the oil in the gearbox

Richard

23 minutes ago, RLWP said:

This one likes to empty the sump and the oil tank, but not fill the bilge

It hides the oil in the gearbox

Richard

I thought that was fixed by unblocking the drain pipe?

MP.