The Diesel Engine in narrowboats

Heartland

Featured Posts

It is my intention and that of Martin O Keeffe (Hecla) to hold a new Canal Workshop at Titford Pump House ( BCNS) to look at motorised wateways transport. in Britain This will take place on March 28th, 2020. 

As with all previous workshops, comments from those that attend will be welcome, and add to the understanding of the subject.

Four slots have been allocated, (1) Steam power, (2) Early diesel power - Semi Diesels (3) Tugs on the canal (4) Later diesel  engines.

A charge of £10 per head to cover lunch and drinks will be made - details from me (Ray Shill) or Martin.  

I have placed details for booking on my website- theflypressindustrialhistory

Edited by Heartland

4 hours ago, Heartland said:

It is my intention and that of Martin O Keeffe (Hecla) to hold a new Canal Workshop at Titford Pump House ( BCNS) to look at motorised wateways transport. in Britain This will take place on March 28th, 2020. 

As with all previous workshops, comments from those that attend will be welcome, and add to the understanding of the subject.

Four slots have been allocated, (1) Steam power, (2) Early diesel power - Semi Diesels (3) Tugs on the canal (4) Later diesel  engines.

A charge of £10 per head to cover lunch and drinks will be made - details from me (Ray Shill) or Martin.  

I have placed details for booking on my website- theflypressindustrialhistory

I think you should charge a bit more if only to pay for the security to ensure Gerta Thunderbird doesn't turn up screaming "How Dare You!!!" at everyone.

20 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I think you should charge a bit more if only to pay for the security to ensure Gerta Thunderbird doesn't turn up screaming "How Dare You!!!" at everyone.

Its in march. Her solar powered craft cant get there until a sunny day in august.

I love the smell of easy start in the morning, it reminds me of Nationals.

• Haha 2