Ram pump

Ruston2vsh

Featured Posts

Find your local model engineering society.  Pitch up to a club night and explain what you need done, offering beer coupons as a recompense.  Someone will sort you out.  Model engineers just love a challenge, especially if it is a change from making steam engines, or tools to make things.

You are a bit far from me, but if you get no other joy and are OK with a trek to mid Somerset let me know by PM.

N

Ram pumps are typically displacement pumps,and dont wear the cylinder ,but have packing on the ram which need renewing,and if there is wear ,it will be on the ram.........but the ram can also be resleeved  or hardchromed if necessary,but its more usual to make a new one. from hard stainless.

• Greenie 1

On 07/02/2019 at 22:11, Split Pin said:

I should be able to resleeve it for you and am nearer than N being just outside of Stourbridge

PM me if you cannot find anyone nearer

Steve

Thanks Steve, I am near Fazeley at the moment, I could remove the pump and bring it to you.