Webasto only getting water warm

millimaize26

Featured Posts

Oh can anyone help please. Would anyone know why our brand new webasto heater, fitted by boat builder is only producing warm water . I have tried to find a troubleshooter but nothing explains this. I know how clever you all are and thought it would be better to put my problem to the forum.

Thank you in anticipation x

Sorry it's a 5.2kw thermo top C running 4 rads and a towel rail, we have bled the radiators numerous times.

At times the rads seem hotter than the running water...

Edited by millimaize26

Oh can anyone help please. Would anyone know why our brand new webasto heater, fitted by boat builder is only producing warm water . I have tried to find a troubleshooter but nothing explains this. I know how clever you all are and thought it would be better to put my problem to the forum.

Thank you in anticipation x

Sorry it's a 5.2kw thermo top C running 4 rads and a towel rail, we have bled the radiators numerous times.

At times the rads seem hotter than the running water...

If all the rads/towel rail are completely shut off, does the calorifier then heat OK?

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

It could be like mine. The builder fitted it as per Webasto instructions, but it didn't heat the water properly.

The cause was diagnosed by a local Webasto guy. It turns out that the way Webasto say you should plumb in the expansion chamber was WRONG.

He did a simple modification (if I remember correctly it was to change from a go and return flow to the expansion chamber to a single pipe). That did fix it.

So check how your exp chamber is plumbed.

Hi everyone, sorry for late replies..

1 it's the hot water taps

2 tried turning rads off but still only warm

3 that sounds great but would need to get someone to have a look at that idea, haaa , not too clever on the plumbing side...

Does the webasto have any sort of thermostat on?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, sorry for late replies..

1 it's the hot water taps

2 tried turning rads off but still only warm

3 that sounds great but would need to get someone to have a look at that idea, haaa , not too clever on the plumbing side...

Does the webasto have any sort of thermostat on?

My boatbuilder fitted a Mikuni MX40 with "T" Junction on the hot water outlet to feed a three radiator circuit one way and the calorifier coil the other. Though the manual suggested a hook up with only a gate valve in the radiator feed, so it can be turned off in the summer, he fitted one in the calorifier circuit as well. This allows for adjustment of the flow in each circuit and hence heat distribution.

I wonder if you have such a valve that could be opened further to increase flow to calorifier.

The Webasto hot air heater I had on my last boat and the Mikuni on present both have factory set working temperatures, so no possibility of adjustment within the heater itself.

• 1 month later...

You might have air trapped within the Webasto coil that runs through the calorifier. Does the water get hot when you run the engine?

If so try and loosen the top pipe of your Webasto coil, and release any air, the coil is like a radiator and can get trapped air, I've fitted a bleed valve at the top of my coil, and can use it to release any air. Hope this helps

Ben