Festool battery

fudd

Featured Posts

There is a way of revitalising Nicad batteries, but I'm not sure the same method is ok for NIMH. I can't remember the specifics of how it is done (Check Youtube). Someone did some battery packs as used in portable electric drills using my Welding transformer, but I wasn't around when he did them. To all accounts the batteries were still working 2 years later.

Morning all.

I have a NiMH battery that wont take a charge. Is there a way of refreshing it? A new one is about a £100 so i dont want to just lob it. Thanks

Steve P.

Sorry but no. They have internal circuitry that bricks them when they decide end of useful life has been reached. This to protect against explosion whilst charging dud battery which continues to draw charge current.

Morning all.

I have a NiMH battery that wont take a charge. Is there a way of refreshing it? A new one is about a £100 so i dont want to just lob it. Thanks

Steve P.

you can buy batteries for festool from allbatteries.co.uk i have bought them for my festool stuf and they are sound and nowhere near £100 hope this helps . By the way i agree with the post that says about refreshing dont even try it

Sorry but no. They have internal circuitry that bricks them when they decide end of useful life has been reached. This to protect against explosion whilst charging dud battery which continues to draw charge current.

IIRC one of the laptop manufacturer had to recall a load of batteries because the 'brick' circuitry didn't work and the batteries where going bang?

IIRC one of the laptop manufacturer had to recall a load of batteries because the 'brick' circuitry didn't work and the batteries where going bang?

Yes that's true - in Japan I think. Apparently NiMh battery technology had been around for several decades before they perfected? the circuity to control them as they approached end of life.

Lithium batteries contain such devices. I have never come across a single NiMH that contains one. And I've tested a lot of them.

Yes that's true - in Japan I think. Apparently NiMh battery technology had been around for several decades before they perfected? the circuity to control them as they approached end of life.

They were lithiums not NiMH.

Now I am puzzled. Can I or can't I Gibbo?

Yes you can. It's lithiums that brick themselves not NiMH.

That's not to say it will work though, it depends how bad they are. It's also not to say they won't blow up so stand back when you do it.

Morning all.

Steve P.

If the pack can't be had more cheaply, maybe get it recelled by the likes of Strikalite.

Had a go at a bit of recelling myself not long ago:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45473&view=findpost&p=902461

gallery_2174_346_118000.jpg

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

Lithium batteries contain such devices. I have never come across a single NiMH that contains one. And I've tested a lot of them.

They were lithiums not NiMH.

Apologies I got my NiMH & Li-ion abbreviations mixed up :blush:

Was this the Dell laptop batteries?

Was this the Dell laptop batteries?

They've all done it. Dell, Sony, Panasonic. Not a single large company didn't get hit by it. Nokia was the biggest with (literally) tens of millions recalled.

(but I stress again, it was lithiums not NiMH).