diesel fuel filter

Featured Posts

Hello everyone

today is a good day, I managed to log in after only 4 attempts.

I have my BSS examination coming up and need to replace the fuel filter (its a cartridge type), because it has aplastic nut on the bottom. Can anybody recomend a suitable supplier for said item, preferably in the west mids area

Thanks

Tim

If it is on a Lister Canalstar either replace the plastic drain with a 10mm bolt or fit a 751-19650 filter which does not have the drain plug

on the Lucas / Cav type there is a metal drain screw available from a local diesel service centre

C

If it is on a Lister Canalstar either replace the plastic drain with a 10mm bolt or fit a 751-19650 filter which does not have the drain plug

on the Lucas / Cav type there is a metal drain screw available from a local diesel service centre

C

Or from a local canal chandlery.

Tim

Hello everyone

today is a good day, I managed to log in after only 4 attempts.

I have my BSS examination coming up and need to replace the fuel filter (its a cartridge type), because it has aplastic nut on the bottom. Can anybody recomend a suitable supplier for said item, preferably in the west mids area

Thanks

Tim

I think you might be able to get the correct meatal drain plug from Midland Sw...sorry Chandlers. It's worth a phone call if you can quote the type of filter and housing.

Roger

Hi,

I cut the top off a Lyons Golden Syrup tin.

The tin fits snugly over the filter with a 3" hose clip !! The plastic bit is now protected from the surrounding area.

Not had the test yet but I am confident there won't be a problem.

:lol:

Edited by wirren

Hi,

I cut the top off a Lyons Golden Syrup tin.

The tin fits snugly over the filter with a 3" hose clip !! The plastic bit is now protected from the surrounding area.

Not had the test yet but I am confident there won't be a problem.

:lol:

I'm not confident your idea will pass...unless the examiner doesn't look...