Liverpool Link

Ian B

Featured Posts

Looking to use Link around Easter time this year.

BW said they would reveiw their system with regards to number of passages

per day and the over night stop required up and down at Eldonian Village.

Can't raise anybody in the know at Wigan.

Anybody here any info?

Thanks Ian

• 2 months later...

You can do it all online, using this link, although it wasn't working this morning when I tried it. We did our booking this way and are going in the week after Spring Bank. All the info and direction of travel on which days are there.

Arthur

www.waterscape.com/canals-and-rivers/liverpool-canal-link

PS no stop at Eldonian Village now.

Edited by Speedwell

You can do it all online, using this link, although it wasn't working this morning when I tried it. We did our booking this way and are going in the week after Spring Bank. All the info and direction of travel on which days are there.

Arthur

www.waterscape.com/canals-and-rivers/liverpool-canal-link

PS no stop at Eldonian Village now.

Anyone know for sure how deep it is?

Tim

Tim

Following is cut & pasted from info on Waterscape

Arthur

Maximum boat size: length 73ft, beam 14.3ft, draught, 3.94ft, headroom 8ft.

Thanks, I have a feeling those are the BW official dimensions for the whole of the western L&L. I'd heard suggestions that the link might be a bit shallower in parts (as well as less headroom!)

Tim

Yes

Not for the naive or faint-hearted though.

Im struggling to find anything conreate about it anywhere to post on here, but as i understand it there is a trip organised by the Chester IWA to do exactly this, in preparation for there 'tom rolt' goings on in chester.

Sadly however the numbers have been limited to 30 by bwb due to restrictive assited passage through the liverpool link and we have not been able to get a place. For us obviously its the wrong way, as we are already chester side, but we had thought we would go round 'the long way' specially to join in with it and go over the crossing and up to chester with a loat of other boats.

However, as we have missed that, hence i am currently making the enquirers that i am to prehaps do it ourselfs either before there cruse or after it.

Partularly if i can find another boat or two insterested in join us and form a small group of our own to make the cross, either from the link to ep or from ep to the link. Depending somewhat in if there informed knowlage on one direction being easier than the other.

They had then also i thought organised a trip leaving the festival at chester going up the ship canal from ep into manhester which i would also have like to have joined in with. Although after further equirey apprently there only going up the msc as far as marshlock and entering the weaver. (nothing wrong with that, but i was hoping for more!)

I had a bit of an impromptu reccy today with Liam moving Arial from EP to northwich via the msc and weston marsh lock with a number of other boats leaving the rally. (incluing the most excelent parfield). Which was very good. Helped a lot by the fact we had the weather for it!

Daniel